American Marking Inc. Provides Custom ADA Signage For Iowa Based Businesses, Hospitals and Government Organizations.
The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) helps remove barriers for people with disabilities. More than 2.5 million Americans currently suffer from visual impairment – not just blindness. High-contrast ADA compliant signs help to ensure accessibility for seniors, the visually impaired and the blind.
American Marking Inc. is one of the leading providers of such ADA Signage in Iowa. There are only a few Iowa-based companies with the experience and expertise to manufacture and install ADA Signage according to the law. Braille type, letter height, color, letter relief, typestyle, material texture and installation are all precise requirements that must be followed. ADA signs are legally-required in most new or renovated public and government buildings.
What many people don’t realize is that there are specific requirements mandated by law that pertain to ADA Signage. Here are a few of those requirements as specified in ADAAG § 216:
- To designate permanent rooms or spaces
- Identify the direction to or information about an interior space
- Show a means of egress
- Identify accessible parking spaces
- At accessible entrances unless all the entrances of a building are accessible
- At accessible elevators if some existing elevators are not accessible
- To designate accessible bathrooms and provide directions to accessible bathrooms when only a portion of the bathrooms are accessible
Call 515-282-0495 TODAY for your ADA Signage needs!
A few types of ADA Signage we can provide to Iowa based businesses, construction companies, medical buildings and government agencies are:
- Braille Signage / Vision Impaired Signage
- Handicap Accessible Signage
- Stairwell Signage
- Non-Lit Emergency Exit Signage
- Any Permanent Room Signage (Apartment Numbers, Office Numbers, Community Rooms)
- Maximum Occupancy Signs
- Elevator Signage
Examples of ADA Signage in Iowa
American Marking Inc. Helps Iowa Construction Companies With ADA Signage Requirements
We partnered with a large Iowa construction company who was building out multiple senior living facilities around the Iowa area. Each multi-floor facility would include approximately 60 family units, community centers, guest rooms, club rooms, underground parking & storage. Our partner needed an ADA Signage source that could not only provide quality product at a fair price, but most of all reliability and top-notch customer service.
While larger ADA Signage providers can deliver large quantity orders, they are not able to accommodate smaller orders. For many construction companies this can become problematic after the initial inspection of the ADA Signage is completed and city inspectors require a couple extra signs in order to pass inspection. American Marking Inc. prides itself on being agile in these situations and in most cases can have these additional signs manufactured and installed by the next day!
Our relationship with this client may have started with Senior Living facilities, however it has quickly expanded into every type of construction job that would require ADA Signage. Quality signage at affordable prices and exceptional customer service has made American Marking Inc. our client’s sole source of not only required ADA Signage, but many other types of custom signage.
The Benefits of Working With American Marking Inc. For Your ADA Signage Needs.
- You won’t pass inspection without ADA Signage.
- We can be very flexible to get you the signs you need quickly.
- ADA Signage can be tailored to your business.
- We are a one-stop signage shop, offering full-service production of any vinyl, window graphics, exterior signage, and custom signage needs.